Step #3 of Ten
What is a scam and how to recognize them is one of the biggest things people need to know when dealing with the Internet. Far to many people are being taken advantage of and losing hard earned money for the promise of making it rich only to make no money.
As great as the Internet is giving anyone from any background a better chance of having a business to make the kind of money most people only dream of, there are others that use this opportunity to cheat you out of your money.
It is not always easy to know which companies are legit and which are false opportunities. There are steps anybody can take to stay clear of fake opportunities. When you’re looking to find a way to operate and have a legitimate company to make an income from the Internet, then there are a few things you need to do to have the right mindset not to be had only to lose your money.
When was the last time a wealthy person gave their money away to you. If they did you would not be here, and I would not have written this article your reading. Like the majority of the world, I’m still working to make money. I do this both on and offline at the moment and will be changing my entire workload to online. Most people work offline but are increasingly trying to work online.
There are plenty of opportunities to make money online; the problem is how we choose to go about it.
We know rich people do not give their money away, and usually, they want more. Then there are many people out there that want money and will take it at any cost. These same individuals know and understand how many other people all want to have money as well. What they do is use this knowledge against you by making you believe how simple it is to make money online by taking your lack of knowledge of what is needed to earn money on the internet.
If making money on the Internet was so simple, then you would know of dozens if not hundreds of people all getting rich the easy way. In fact, you would know more people around you making money from the Internet than you do working regular jobs. The reason this is not happening is because the Internet is not that simple.
Considering most people you know make money by offline means or as an employee for some company. All the fancy websites telling everybody about their magic secrets, unique systems that only they have at their disposal are all 100% pure “BS.”
What The Web Doesn’t Do!
Offer you as a nobody to their company to become rich the way they say by:
Sign up for a limited spot from a countdown.
- The reality is the countdown is false, they just say there is one just to urge you to pay them. There simply after your money and will nickel and dime you to death until you’re broke, or you catch on and stop giving your money away to them.
Tell you how much money you’ll make doing nothing other than using their system.
- Their system is garbage that does not work for you but has them laughing all the way to the bank. When people realize and stop falling for the easy money marketing the company folds up, and they create the so-called next greatest and latest system and start the easy money marketing “BS” all over again.
Tell you it’s free, 100% guaranteed you’ll become rich trading with their system.
- The funny thing is half of these free opportunities are all about gambling your money on risky stocks. How can it be free when you have to upfront money to try and earn more money. What happens is these guys make money from the system when you give them your money to invest, they get paid, and you end up losing your so-called guaranteed investment. There are no guarantees with the stock market so you better only bet what you can afford to lose if you plan to take that route.
Sell you traffic to give you better ranking and conversions.
- There are sites out there claiming to give you the better ranking and boost your sales by sending you quality traffic targetted to your niche products. What you receive are useless bots that Google knows better not to track for giving you a better ranking against the legitimate traffic your competitors are getting. Secondly, bots do not make purchases.
- Even though Google will make sure it does not unfairly rank an organic traffic based website below a bot traffic site, Google Analytics will track to show you all the wasted bot traffic that comes in and drops off as fast as it enters.
When regular traffic arrives, a good percentage will travel through all the linking pages as the visitor clicks through your site. If 5,000 bot’s show up on a page, then 5,000 drop offs are on the same page. Total waste of money for those who purchase it.
There are a lot more scenarios for scams!
What The Web Does Offer!
Companies will offer services and products for you to make money when:
Purchase domain names and hosting.
- There are quality companies that offer you the chance to buy available domain names and purchase hosting space to set up an online presence. These companies make their money by providing you with a quality service and no false promises of becoming rich essentially overnight.
- There is a lot to learn about how to make money on the Internet so there are some great sites that will teach you how.
- You can find websites that will teach you all about marketing, and you can also pay for marketing services. An example of one such system is Googles Adwords where one can pay for clicks by choosing for what pages/posts you want to market by the keywords you choose. Each keyword or keyword phrase has a cost value which you will pay for every time somebody clicks your ad. The more your ad gets clicked, the more you owe until you reach your set dollar value in your advertising budget.
There are good quality services available!
Differentiate Between Legitimate And Scammers?
The thing you need to remember about what is legitimate or not is that everything the Internet has to offer that is good you will find scammers offering the same thing without any proper value. Scammers are only in it for the money and do not last before having to find a new way to rip you off. The legitimate companies make no false promises and stick around with good ratings.
Scammers will tell you they have the magic system; they are the expert guru’s that know it all, and you will be rich doing their simple system that anybody can follow, so just sit back and watch the money roll in. They will always sell you on luxury items, fast money, little to no work involved and you will be rich because their system does it all.
The only thing their system does is bleed you dry of your money and nothing else.
They will offer services and products that may be part of everything you will need to succeed. Most have partial, but some companies do have a full solid package. They make no false promises that you’ll become rich. They will tell you the truth that you can earn money you can even become rich, but there is no magic system. There is nothing where you can sit back and watch it roll in.
They will keep you updated with what works for most companies by teaching, explaining and leaving the decisions to you to do what you will. The methods they will teach or show you may be free or could cost you for the training. There are services like Google Adwords used for marketing that can cost you some money if you choose to use them.
The bottom line here is they know you have to work your business just like you have to work at any job if you expect to get paid. No work on your part and you’ll make zero dollars to show your results. Nobody is handing you a fist full of dollars!
For most of you according to my Google Analytics, which is a free tracking tool you can use in your online business. This flow chart can show me how many people show up for example to this page you’re on.
- I will know how many will start the free membership to move on to having a successful online business.
- Google Analytics also shows me how many want more information by clicking through to step four.
- The final information I get to see is how many drop off and leave this website.
- The ones who leave the site are not interested in going further, which is fair enough.
- Realizing there are no easy, fast riches for doing nothing and may quit.
- Don’t believe me about the scammers out there, and somebody will make them rich faster elsewhere.
All that I can say is if you’re not prepared to do some work to make the amount of money you want, then your best to stay away from trying to earn an income from an online business. Online businesses all take time and money, and everybody needs to figure out how much of time or money they want to invest. Now that you have some information on What Is A Scam And How To Recognize Them, it’s time for Step #4